Saturday, April 10, 2010

Zaki Gordon Institute for Independent Filmmaking

Is anyone ready for an alternative for the 30 and 40 thousand dollar tuition fees at some of the film schools in America? If you could send your child or yourself for that matter, to a film school with incredible facilities and faculty for less than 5 thousand dollars, would you?

Here comes my first endorsement of a film school in America. The Zaki Gordon Institute for Independent Filmmaking is the bomb!!!

These folks really have it going on. I have toured the facility, spoken to the students, and had lunch with some of the faculty. This place in Sedona, Arizona should receive ten out of ten stars.

The practical, hands-on training, at Zaki Gordon has managed to bridge the gap between the theory of managing a film career and actually having a film career. If you want to learn how to ride a horse, don’t just read about it -- go and jump on one at your local dude ranch.

If you want to learn the ends and outs of film making -- go to Zaki Gordon. Google the name, go visit the place. Enrollment is only 40 students. The program is only one year. I’m telling all my students right now, this place is the real deal.

Like I’ve said in past letters, emails, and blogs – I have very few regrets in my career. Well, add just one to the list. I regret not knowing about the Zaki Gordon film school. If I was starting my career over, and I wanted to take a year to learn how to write and make films, I’d point a human cannon toward Zaki Gordon, jump in and light the damn thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment